Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012/1/13/ Friday - Ambition

What is ambition? 
Ambition is the hope of achieving something grandiose. It is the deep need that motivates you to do the actions to gain what you want. It is an eager and great desire that urges people to attain and complete tasks that gives supremacy. Ambition creates goals in life for individuals and for societal levels as well and it is what motivates people to go through risky situations even though failure could be expected. It ultimately is the force that drives you to do things. Ambition can be considered to be one of human's basic instincts as we can be ambitious in any ways.


Is it important to have ambition? Why? Why not? 
It is important to have ambition because it is what derives you and motivates you to achieve something in your life. Basically ambition is a goal in life.  A person without ambition will not be able to be the leader of their life. The life that ambition does not exist will go nowhere because not one achievement can be made without ambition. However ambition will be not useful if it is not backed up with continuous effort to achieve it. Effort makes ambition possible and without the attempt, what you want will just be something of a dream.


What are some of your ambitions? How do you hope to achieve these?
Ambitions that I have are both on personal level and on societal level. I want to achieve things for my own good, but also for the communities that I take part in as well. Thus on smaller levels I want to improve friendship and bond between families, but also I have bigger ambition to improve the whole society. First on a personal level, my current biggest ambition is to successfully graduate SFS and get into the college of my dream. I try my best to finish homework with good effort and quality to get higher grades which will allow me to achieve this. Second, I would like to be more social in different communities and interact with more people. Thus I try to be outgoing and well-rounded with people to become part of the group. Third, on more larger level, my ambition is to achieve peace around the world. It is very vague and it is hard to achieve this, but still it is one of my hopes.


What are the effects or consequences of having ambition? How can it help or hinder you? Ambition will lead to great desire. That desire drives people to work on with their best effort to achieve something. Ambition will bring success and get you what you want. However these are the positive effects and consequences of ambition. Quite often people tend to disregard their morals and ethics just to achieve something. What is important to them on personal level becomes so great that the bigger importance of community becomes forgotten. Acts such as lying, cheating, hurting other people's feelings become usual as they continue to follow their ambitions. Thus although it may help someone to be at a greater position, it will hinder their morality.



No comments:

Post a Comment